ERGA SMBM magnetic drum separator
Automatic magnetic separator for continuous recovery of tramp metal of various sizes from dry bulk material
Self-discharging ERGA SMBM magnetic drum separator differs from ERGA BSM separator in its housing with a feed head, adjustment systems for magnetic system, feeding and splitter. Recleaning of magnetic or nonmagnetic fraction is possible with installation of the second additional drum.
- Efficient recovery of magnetic inclusions with size from 150 mm to 0.02 mm
The separator design increases uniform distribution of material along the drum operating surface thanks to the feed head with a gate or vibrating feeder.
SMBM drum magnetic field intensity value determines its efficiency for removal of metal inclusions:
- from 0.08 to 0.24 T (from 800 to 2 400 Gauss) for high-capacity (up to 350 t/ h) dry magnetic separation of crushed magnetite ores with resulting tailings with minimum content of magnetite iron provides a saleable product up to 150 mm from ferrous metal slag dumps. SMBM protects crusher and shredder from damage and premature wear;
- from 0.24 to 0.6 T (from 240 to 6,000 Gauss) for upgrading quality of raw materials by removal of small magnetic inclusions (metal rubbings, scale, etc.) with grain size up to 0.02 mm in processing of ores and nonmetallic materials with medium magnetic susceptibility (ferrous slags, iron, manganese, chromium and other ores);
- up to 1 T (up to 10 000 Gauss) for maximum cleaning of material from magnetic inclusions with size up to 0.02 mm, including weakly magnetic (manganese and stainless steels), thereby increasing the end product value. ERGA SMBM with this magnetic induction guarantees the production of high-quality material with minimum content of contaminants in processing of ores and nonmetallic materials with weak magnetic susceptibility (titanium-zirconium, calumbite-tantalite, oxidized and carbonate iron ores, etc.).
- Dust protection
The separator drum is enclosed in a dustproof housing to reduce dust emissions during operation of the separator with fine, dusty material. The separator housing can have dust collection pipes.
- Availability of all settings necessary for operation
SMBM is equipped with a full range of settings for efficient operation and solving customer’s problems in the best way. Fine adjustments of the splitter’s position, drum speed and magnetic system position guarantee high separation efficiency.
- Option of 2 separation stages in one housing
Option of two separation stages in one housing improves separation efficiency and equipment performance. The second magnetic drum can be installed for recleaning magnetic or non-magnetic fraction of the first separation stage.
- Automatic cleaning
Cleaning of raw materials from magnetic impurities is automatic without personnel involvement. Continuous removal of magnetic inclusions in automatic mode guarantees constant separation quality.
- Operation temperature range from -50°С to +50°С
Reliable magnetic system and simple design of the separator ensure its operability in a wide temperature range from -50°С to +50°С. SMBM provides efficient operation in any weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Operation with abrasive materials
The separator operating surface is made of durable abrasion-resistant chrome-nickel steel. In case of operation in highly abrasive medium, the separator shell is additionally lined with wear plates.
- Have difficulties choosing or haven’t found what you are looking for?
Please, fill in the questionnaire on our site and we will select the most suitable solution to you.
ERGA product portfolio includes different models of SMBM self-discharging magnetic separators with operating zone width from 200 to 2 500 mm. Customized solutions can be designed according to the order requirements.
|Model||Dimensions, mm||Magnetic induction, mТ||Power consumption, kW||Capacity, m³/h||Mass, kg|
* If necessary the products can be equipped with aspiration system, variable frequency drive, equipment status feedback sensor, temperature-controlled system to maintain the temperature mode on the magnetic system. Accessories can be supplied with the product as per customer’s requirements. Products are delivered with all necessary certificates.
You can additionally order spare parts kit to ensure continuous operation of the equipment:
For this type of equipment there is an option of integrating REMOS remote monitoring system, providing monitoring of the separator status in real time. Available options:
- Power supply sensor
- Monitoring operation of electric motors (in case of variable speed drive)
- Incoming switch and contactors position control sensor
- Equipment downtime monitoring
- Door status control (open / closed)
- Shock / vibration sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor
ERGA BSM magnetic drum separator
Permanent magnetic system with intensity from 0.08 to 1.0 Т
Efficient recovery of magnetic inclusions with size from 300 mm to 0.02 mm
Operation temperature range from -50°С to +50°С
ERGA SMB magnetic pulley
2 in 1: magnetic iron separator + head pulley
Magnetic field operation range up to 350 mm
No power consumption
Manufacture for you
ERGA KL belt conveyors
Mobile and stationary conveyors
High class of energy
ERGA vibrating feeders
Wide range of designs and applications
High-strength steel construction
Adjustable feed rate and immediate stop
Protection of downstream equipment
ERGA dosing hopper
Wide range of options and settings
Downtime minimization, no bagging
Easy installation and operation