ERGA BSM magnetic drum separator
Automatic magnetic separator for continuous removal of tramp metal of various sizes from bulk material
Self-discharging ERGA BSM magnetic drum separator is installed at points of material discharge from conveyor belt or vibrating feeder, providing continuous high quality removal of magnetic impurities from dry bulk flow.
- Efficient recovery of magnetic inclusions with size from 300 mm to 0.02 mm
The drum magnetic field intensity value determines its efficiency for removal of metal inclusions:
- from 0.08 to 0.24 T (from 800 to 2 400 Gauss) for obtaining a saleable product from slag dumps; processing of ferrous scrap up to 150 mm; cleaning raw materials from hardware, tramp metal or shredded tires from the cord. BSM protects crusher and shredder from damage and premature wear.
- from 0.24 to 0.6 T (from 240 to 6 000 Gauss) for upgrading quality of raw materials by removal of small magnetic inclusions (metal rubbings, scale, etc.) with grain size up to 0.02 mm. ERGA BSM iron separator with this induction is most effective in processing of ores and nonmetallic materials with medium magnetic susceptibility (ferrous slags, iron, manganese, chromium and other ores).
- up to 1 T (up to 10,000 Gauss) for maximum cleaning of material from magnetic inclusions with size up to 0.02 mm, including weakly magnetic (manganese and stainless steels), thereby increasing the end product value. ERGA BSM guarantees the production of high-quality material with minimum content of contaminants in processing of ore and nonmetallic materials with weak magnetic susceptibility (titanium-zirconium, calumbite-tantalite, oxidized and carbonate iron ores, etc.).
- Automatic cleaning
Cleaning of raw materials from magnetic impurities is automatic without personnel involvement.
Continuous removal of magnetic inclusions in automatic mode improves separation quality compared to separators with mechanical or manual cleaning (SMR, PSM-2). Special design of ribs minimizes material carryover into the magnetic fraction.
- Operation temperature range from -50°С to +50°С
Reliable magnetic system and simple design of the separator ensure its operability in a wide temperature range from -50°С to +50°С.
BSM provides effective work in any weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Operation with abrasive materials
The separator operating surface is made of durable abrasion-resistant chrome-nickel steel. In case of operation in highly abrasive medium, the separator shell is additionally lined with wear plates.
- Easy installation and operation
Installation and settings of the separator are easy: the machine has two bearing surfaces, compact overall dimensions and weight.
The product has a simple and robust design with little maintenance, all materials and components are tested by long-term operation at our customers’ facilities. Compliance with operation terms provided in IOM significantly extends its service life.
- Have difficulties choosing or haven’t found what you are looking for?
Please, fill in the questionnaire on our site and we will select the most suitable solution to you.
ERGA product portfolio includes different models of BSM self-discharging separators with operating zone width from 200 to 2 000 mm.
|Model||Dimensions, mm||Weight, kg|
* Customized solutions with drum diameter from 150 to 1500 mm and length from 100 to 3 000 mm can be designed according to the order requirements.
You can additionally order spare parts kit to ensure continuous operation of the equipment:
For this type of equipment there is an option of integrating REMOS remote monitoring system, providing monitoring of the separator status in real time. Available options:
- Power supply sensor
- Monitoring operation of electric motors (in case of variable speed drive)
- Incoming switch and contactors position control sensor
- Equipment downtime monitoring
- Door status control (open / closed)
- Shock / vibration sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor
ERGA SMB magnetic pulley
2 in 1: magnetic iron separator + head pulley
Magnetic field operation range up to 350 mm
No power consumption
Manufacture for you
ERGA KL belt conveyors
Mobile and stationary conveyors
High class of energy
ERGA vibrating feeders
Wide range of designs and applications
High-strength steel construction
Adjustable feed rate and immediate stop
Protection of downstream equipment
ERGA dosing hopper
Wide range of options and settings
Downtime minimization, no bagging
Easy installation and operation