Zig-Zag air separator (pneumatic separator)
Air separators (pneumatic separators) are used for dedusting and dry separation of materials into light and heavy fractions by size, density and shape
Zig-Zag air separator (pneumatic separator) is designed for simultaneous dedusting and dry separation of materials into light and heavy fractions by size, density and shape with up to 99% efficiency.
- Closed air circuit: no filters and compact footprint
The machine is designed as a mini-plant (Zig-Zag separator, cyclone and fan) with closed air circuit: air purified from the product leaves the cyclone and enters the fan, from where it enters Zig-Zag separator, forming closed air cycle. As a result, the separator works without filters and has smaller footprint*.
* unlike open-circuit air separators
- Dry separation method: pure economy!
Zig-Zag air separator allows for replacement or supplement existing equipment, improving the quality of feed material with less power consumption and no time and money spent on water and drying**.
** comparing to wet separation method
- Separation/cleaning efficiency up to 99%
Separation mode is selected depending on material and requirements to end product. Optimum selection of the working chamber of the Zig-Zag separator and air flow parameters allow for 99% separation efficiency and purity of feed material.
- Easy operation
Easy to operate, without quick-wear mechanisms and vibration loads, Zig-Zag air separator works continuously not requiring special attention from personnel.
- Application industries
- PET: label removal, paper from PET flakes;
- Shredded cable: separation of copper and aluminum from PE/PVC insulation;
- MSW (municipal solid waste): heavy fraction separation (stones, glass, metal, etc.); light fraction separation (film, paper, fabric);
- Glass cullet: glass cleaning from light fraction (film, label removal, dust);
- Tire granulate: separation of textile, dust, rubber granulate;
- WEEE (Waste of electronic and electrical equipment): recovery of plastic, rubber, fabric;
- Wood chips: removal of paper, textile, fabric; recovery of metal, stones, glass;
- Plastic granulate: removal of dust, fluff, fine particles;
- RDF/SRF fuel: separation of light fraction from waste.
- Grain: separation of mineral impurities from processed raw materials, separation of leaf from stem, husk from whole seeds;
- Sugar, table salt, flour and grain, starch, dairy products, tea, gelatin, vegetables, cocoa powder and chocolate chips: removal of residues of polypropylene bags, sack stitching threads, dust;
- Spices, herbs and plants (pharmacy): removal of dust, threads.
Mining, construction and demolition, metallurgy:
- Removal of dusty fraction (dolomite, feldspar, marble chips, etc.), separation by shape (mica, vermiculite, etc.) or specific gravity (chromite ore, metal ceramics, powder metallurgy).
- Have difficulties choosing or haven’t found what you are looking for?
Please, fill in the questionnaire on our site and we will select the most suitable solution to you.
Series-produced models of Zig-Zag air separators are given in the table. Customized solutions can be designed according to the order requirements.
|Model||Capacity*, t/h||Power, kW|
* Depends on material and output fractions
You can additionally order spare parts kit to ensure continuous operation of the equipment:
- spare plates for batch hopper
- bearing assemblies
For this type of equipment there is an option of integrating REMOS remote monitoring system, providing monitoring of the separator status in real time. Available options:
- Access to complete information about operation of the machine (operation / idle, operating modes, error decoding, position of magnetic rods, cleaning period)
- Dust sensor (cyclone operation efficiency control)
- Power supply sensor
- Air flow rate sensor
- Monitoring operation of electric motors (in case of variable speed drive)
- Incoming switch and contactors position control sensor
- Equipment downtime monitoring
- Door status control (open / closed)
- Shock / vibration sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor
ELKRON ESS electrostatic separator
Separation/cleaning efficiency up to 99,8%
Fine adjustment of separation mode
Automatic cleaning of electrodes
ERGA DS densimetric table (air separator)
Separation/cleaning efficiency up to 99,5%
Fine adjustment of separation mode
No costs for water and drying of material
Low power consumption
ERGA GK gyratory screen
Classification efficiency up to 99%
Screen mesh size from 0.2mm
5 вin 1: simultaneous screening into 5 fractions
Manufacture for you
ERGA KL belt conveyors
Mobile and stationary conveyors
High class of energy
ERGA vibrating feeders
Wide range of designs and applications
High-strength steel construction
Adjustable feed rate and immediate stop
Protection of downstream equipment
ERGA dosing hopper
Wide range of options and settings
Downtime minimization, no bagging
Easy installation and operation