Research and production company "ERGA" created a laboratory of magnetic separation methods (LMSO), equipped with all necessary tools and facilities to carry out research work with different materials.
The laboratory conducts research on dry and wet separation as well as concentration of various materials, metal detection in food products, metallic and non-metallic materials. If necessary, material is prepared for separation. Changing size is achieved by crushing, grinding, abrasion and screening. Change of mass reduction is achieved by reducing (quartering, quartation). Before testing at pilot plants particle size analysis is performed and with the help of magnetic probe the presence and quantity of magnetic component according to size classes are determined. Optimal separation mode on pilot plants is selected for each material. Chemical and mineral composition of samples and separation products is analyzed at customer’s request.
On the basis of research works our specialists conduct the following:
- Selection of optimal induction in the working area of separators:
Selection of magnetic system type depending on the task set:
- for the extraction of strongly magnetic minerals (magnetite (Fe3O4), pyrrhotine (FenSn + 1), chromite (FeCr2O4), franklinite ((Zn, Mn) Fe2O4), titanomagnetite (Fe3TiO6));
- for the extraction of weakly magnetic minerals (hematite (Fe2O3), limonite (Fe2O3. NH2O), goethite (FeO. N H2O), pyrolusite (MnO2), and other oxides of manganese, wolframite ((Fe, Mn) WO4), columbite, tantalite (( Fe, Mn) Nb, Ta) 2O6), ilmenite (FeTiO3), sphene (CaTiO3));
- for the extraction of metal admixtures from non-magnetic material (food, ore and non-metallic materials);
- for slags processing (ferromanganese, ferrochromium, etc.).
Selection of magnetic separators based on material size class:
- for separation of tailings;
- for magnetic concentrate with a high content of valuable components;
- for separation of nonferrous metals.
- from 350 to 20 mm. Magnetic centrifugal separators;
- from 20 to 0.1 mm. Dry and wet drum separators. High-intensity roll-type separator;
- <0,1 mm. Isolation of magnetic admixtures from finely dispersed material. Magnetic separators with re-separation of non-magnetic fraction.
Laboratory of magnetic separation methods has lab and industrial equipment allowing to make technological research on separation of samples and choose rational design and type of a separator as well as to evaluate its technological capabilities.
Dry magnetic separation equipment:
- SMBM/0,05÷1,0 Tl. Drum magnetic separator is designed for recovery of strong and weak magnetic inclusions of various coarseness from flow raw material
- SMBM-3/0,32÷0,45 Tl. Drum magnetic separator is designed for recovery of strong magnetic inclusions of various coarseness from finely-dispersed material (dolomite, feldspar, etc.)
- SMVI/1,1÷1,5 Tl. High-gradient roll-type magnetic separator is designed for dry separation of nonmetallic materials and of weak magnetic ores ( hematite, ilmenite, columbite, tantalite, glauconite, etc.)
- SMVT Eddy current magnetic separator is designed for recovery of inclusions of non-ferrous conducting metals from nonconducting materials (native gold, shredded color cable, processing of solid household waste, etc.)
- BSM/0,12÷0,8 Tl. High-efficiency drum magnetic separator is deigned to decontaminate dry materials from strong and medium magnetic inclusions of various coarseness
- CBSM/0,4 Tl. Conveyor- type drum magnetic separator is designed for dry magnetic separation (crushed magnetite ore, slug, waste, etc.)
- SMB-DM. Electro-dynamic separator is designed for sorting of metallic and nonmetallic materials by electro conductive properties.
- SMVA (Bar magnetic separator) is designed for decontamination of dry bulk tending to adhesion and caking
Wet magnetic separation equipment:
- PBM /0,12 Tl. Drum magnetic separator (uniflow, cross-current, semicurrent) is designed for wet separation of various materials with extraction of headings
- PBM /0,28Tl. Drum magnetic separator (uniflow, cross-current, semicurrent) is designed for wet separation of various materials with extraction of final tailings
- PDM. Circular magnetic separator is designed for wet reseparation of iron ore tailings
- MBS-LP /0,8Tl. High-intensity drum magnetic separator is designed for magnetic separation of metal and nonmetal materials
- SOZH. Lubricoolant series drum magnetic separator is designed for decontamination of lubricoolants as well as ceramic glaze and slurry from strong magnetic inclusions
Metal detection equipment:
- ERGUARDТМ СМ Non-demountable metal detector is designed to detect different metal contaminants in bulk or piece goods transported by belt conveyor.
- ERGUARDТМ DCM. Demountable metal detector is designed to detect metal contaminants of different coarseness in ore and nonmetal materials transported by belt conveyor.
- ERGUARDТМ GM. Gravity metal detector is designed to detect metal contaminants in free-fall flow with their further rejection
- ERGUARDТМ SCM. Single-plate metal detector is designed to detect different ferrous and nonferrous contaminants in nonferrous flow (both bulk and piece)
Customers can visually assess the effectiveness of the offered separators after independent chemical analysis of the separated product.