Laboratory air separator (pneumatic separator) Zig-Zag
Air separators (pneumatic separators) for dedusting and dry separation of materials into light and heavy fractions by size, density and shape
Laboratory air separator (pneumatic separator) Zig-Zag is designed for studying applicability of technological processes for dedusting and dry separation of materials into light and heavy fractions by size, density and shape.
- Separation/cleaning efficiency up to 99%
Individual separation mode is selected depending on material and requirements to end product. Optimum selection of the working chamber of Zig-Zag separator and air flow parameters allow for 99% separation efficiency and purity of feed material.
- Closed air circuit: no filters and compact footprint
The machine is designed as a mini-plant (Zig-Zag separator, cyclone and fan) with closed air circuit: air purified from the product leaves the cyclone and enters the fan, from where it enters Zig-Zag separator, forming closed air cycle. As a result, the separator works without filters and has smaller footprint*.
* unlike open-circuit air separators
- Easy to operate and maintain
Laboratory Zig-Zag air separator with little maintenance and without quick-wear mechanisms and vibration loads.
- Application industries
- PET: label removal, paper from PET flakes;
- Shredded cable: separation of copper and aluminum from PE/PVC insulation;
- MSW (municipal solid waste): heavy fraction separation (stones, glass, metal, etc.); light fraction separation (film, paper, fabric);
- Glass cullet: glass cleaning from light fraction (film, label removal, dust);
- Tire granulate: separation of textile, dust, rubber granulate;
- WEEE (Waste of electronic and electrical equipment): recovery of plastic, rubber, fabric;
- Wood chips: removal of paper, textile, fabric; recovery of metal, stones, glass;
- Plastic granulate: removal of dust, fluff, fine particles;
- RDF/SRF fuel: separation of light fraction from waste.
- Grain: separation of mineral impurities from processed raw materials, separation of leaf from stem, husk from whole seeds;
- Sugar, table salt, flour and grain, starch, dairy products, tea, gelatin, vegetables, cocoa powder and chocolate chips: removal of residues of polypropylene bags, sack stitching threads, dust;
- Spices, herbs and plants (pharmacy): removal of dust, threads.
Mining, construction and demolition, metallurgy:
- Removal of dusty fraction (dolomite, feldspar, marble chips, etc.), separation by shape (mica, vermiculite, etc.) or specific gravity (chromite ore, metal ceramics, powder metallurgy).
- Have difficulties choosing or haven’t found what you are looking for?
Please, fill in the questionnaire on our site and we will select the most suitable solution to you.
Laboratory air separator Zig-Zag is custom-designed and made according to the Customer’s order requirements.
You can additionally order spare parts kit to ensure continuous operation of the equipment:
- spare plates for batch hopper
For this type of equipment there is an option of integrating REMOS remote monitoring system, providing monitoring of the separator status in real time. Available options:
- Access to complete information about operation of the machine (operation / idle, operating modes, error decoding, position of magnetic rods, cleaning period)
- Dust sensor (cyclone operation efficiency control)
- Air flow rate sensor
- Power supply sensor
- Monitoring operation of electric motors (in case of variable speed drive)
- Incoming switch and contactors position control sensor
- Equipment downtime monitoring
- Door status control (open / closed)
- Shock / vibration sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor